Thursday, June 12, 2008

We, He and I made it!!



Well, we made it through our first night apart!! The hardest part was leaving him. Once I got on my way, I only teared up a few times. I had a late morning check-in, so Greg and Cutter got up and moving early in the morning. I got Cutter ready while Greg was getting ready and I cried the whole time. I gave him lots of hugs and kisses. I was so sad that I had to leave him, but he was a trooper and a good boy for Daddy! It was hard, but it gives Daddy and Cutter a chance to spend some father/son time together.

I feel like I never went on leave!! I was gone for 7 months and just knew that I was going to have a hard time getting back into the groove of things, but it didn't take to long for me to remember. I thought I was going to have to get my "air" legs back, but it only took me about 2 legs to get used to walking around again. Today felt like it always had. The job hasn't really changed much, I just added a new topic to the jumpseat conversations and a whole new reason to get home on-time!!


ps I wasn't quite ready in the picture above, but Cutter and Greg were ready to leave and I wanted a picture, so sorry no make-up!! ;) The look of surprise on Cutter's face is because it is 6:30 in the morning and he is normally still asleep!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment