We headed off the pediatricians office this morning. Cutter has been doing much better. We were sent home from the ER with oral steroids and antibiotics. Dr. Chinn is with me and thinking that he had some type of allergic reaction to something in the air. I asked to do an allergy test today, but she said due to the amount of steroids in his system it wouldn't come back with any information. Cutter has his 15 month check-up on Monday, so we will do the blood work for allergy screening then. If it comes back normal, we will have to wait awhile to do a prick test. They don't do prick tests on toddlers. At today's visit, Cutter was wheezing so we will rule out asthma at the next appointment as well. We are continuing to do the breathing treatments and will wean him off every 3 days.
Another week of waiting to do blood work to see what in the world this little man is allergic too. I am glad to know that I trusted my instincts and started the breathing treatments immediately, that is what probably saved us from having to call an ambulance.
I'm glad my little man is better!!