Wednesday, January 14, 2009

12 things...

...to know about my 12 month old.
  1. Cutter only has 4 teeth! We are patiently waiting for the rest to come in, so we can start exploring new foods. It has to be boring to be eating the same thing over and over. Don't get me wrong, we are trying new stuff, but I basically have to dice it to small enough pieces so he can gum it to death. He can feed himself, most of the time. Actually he prefers to feed himself and he prefers to use a fork. He will also eat anything I put in front of him - Broccoli, Peas, Carrots, Green Beans, Tofu, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, French Toast, Pancakes, Waffles, Strawberries, Pineapples, Cherries, Apples, Blueberries, Yogurt and Crackers are just a few things this boy will chow down on when put in front of him.
  2. Cutter is BIG boy. Not that you can't look at him and tell, but when we took him to his 12 month check-up - he is off the charts!! In all areas- head, height and weight! I asked when to start worrying about having an above average child and the doctor told me not too - I am blessed with a big boy!
  3. He is walking like he has been doing it for years!! He gets frustrated when he falls, but picks himself right back up and keeps on going.
  4. His Papa Homan is in Iraq! He left in December, missing Cutter's 1st Christmas and 1st Birthday, but it is ok. He'll be here next year, when it will be even more fun to watch Cutter open his gifts. We miss you Papa!
  5. He is talking/babbling like I should know exactly what he is saying. He looks at me says something, tilts his head, and waits for me to respond. If only I knew what he was saying, I just look at him and respond back with what I think is appropriate for the situation.
  6. Cutter is going through major, major separation anxiety. I have a feeling that he can sense that someone new may be entering his life in the next several months, so he is taking full advantage of Mommy time!
  7. He can give you the biggest hug ever!! He actually squeezes and hangs on and I soak it all up. I squeeze back and he lifts his head gives me a kiss and is ready to go for the day.
  8. He shakes his head "No" and nods his head "yes" when I ask him a question and 90 % of the time he gives the right answer.
  9. He received a great toy from a neighbor for his birthday - he carries it around and NO one is allowed to play with it, but him. Not even Mommy and Daddy can play with it. What is it? It is a Playskool Form Fitter. He can put the right shape into the right hole, most of the time without help. He can find every piece on the floor and put it back in the box. He also puts other toys in the box. He doesn't go anywhere without it.
  10. He is going to be a GREAT big brother! He is so sweet, so loving, and so kissable.
  11. We have found in the last few weeks that Cutter has a low tolerance for citric acid, which is in just about every juice out there. Good thing Cutter loves water, there will be no juice in his sippy cups. Speaking of sippy cups, Cutter is drinking out of a cup 90% of the day. Mommy is having a harder time letting that night time bottle go, that is "our" time. We will with time, eventually give up that bottle, but Mommy wanted just a little more time.
  12. This boy loves his Mommy and Daddy!

And that my family and friends are the top 12 things about my little boy! He is growing more and more everyday, he is becoming his own little person with his own little personality.

More updates coming soon, with photos. I am finally feeling like myself again and hopefully the creativity will start to flow again!

No comments:

Post a Comment