Thursday, March 13, 2008

We hit another milestone!

Before the last 2 weeks, I had been giving Cutter his last bottle at midnight and he would normally sleep til 6am or so. Well, for the last 2 weeks I have been trying to get him on a schedule giving him a bath at 8 or so, then a bottle, book and finally bed. Well giving him his last bottle 4 hours earlier left him waking up 4 hours earlier for his "morning" bottle, so for the last 2 weeks I have been waking up anywhere between 230 and 430 to give him his "morning" bottle.

Last night was Oh so different. We did our usual routine and Daddy gave him his last bottle at 9pm and we went to bed. I expected to get up with him in the middle of the morning, but to my surprise I woke up at 530 to realize I hadn't gotten up with him at all!! I panicked and then made Greg go check on him. He was alive and well, sleeping soundly! I couldn't believe it and he didn't wake up til 6:30!

It's working, a routine is really working! Thanks to Erin for the tips and telling me to give it a week or two. I really did want to give up and go back to giving him his last bottle at midnight. The 2:30 feedings are the hardest for me, but I stuck with it and it really worked. I don't expect it to happen every night, but at least I know it can happen!

So we are hoping for more of these nights in the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment